it’s 930pm. i don’t have any flour. and i’ve got the munchies… what’s a girl to do?
thankfully, arman from @the big man’s world, was waiting in the wings, ready to help.
so, without further ado. here it is. 3 ingredient, super simple brownies with no butter, flour, grains or sugar.
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce (with a pinch of cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup drippy almond butter (i did half/half with peanut butter for some extra crunch)
- 1/4- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- preheat the oven to 170 degrees and coat a small loaf pan with cooking spray.
- in a large mixing bowl, add your applesauce and nut butter and mix well. once mixed, add cacao and mix until fully incorporated and a thick, silky batter remains.
- transfer brownie batter to pan and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out just clean (be careful not to overcook!).
- allow the brownies to cool in the pan completely. then once cooled, refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- remove from the fridge, slice into bars and top with optional extras (raspberries, ganache or whatever takes your fancy).
- brownies need to be kept refrigerated but are also freezer friendly.
- cooking time can vary, depending on your oven.